Thursday, September 23, 2010

Tortoise??? REALLY??

Yes, we are indeed insane. We rescued yet ANOTHER pet last month, this tortoise that we have affectionately named, Donatello. He is fabulous. Animal count is now at a staggering 12, whereas the people are still steady at 4. Now, to be fair, 4 of those 12 are fish, and 2 are lizards...the cat never comes out to play until the kiddies are in bed, the bunnies are basically small dogs, and the dogs...well, they are basically human. "Next time, on Animal Hoarders"....oy. Keep in mind, this dinosaur cousin stays outdoors, eats grasses and fresh veggies from the garden, and has VERY little upkeep. We do love him so, and he's fun to introduce to the neighbor kids.



4 comments:

Rush said...

Same here, our rabbit is more like a small dog and our dog is like our little boy.

Unknown said...

Jenn, I absolutely MUST get out to your place soon. My girls would go crazy over Donatello!

Jenn Hydeman said...

Rush - furry or not, they are family right??

Tiff - You gals are welcome ANYTIME!

Krissi said...

You guys crack me up! I dont know why, but I just did not imagine him as big as he is. I guess I always think of tiny turtles lol He is SO cute though and looks just like his mama hahaha jkjk