Thursday, November 15, 2007

When...

Did we all stop caring? We walk amongst one another unaffected, careless, stumbling slowly through this thing we call life. When did we all just give up and go with the motions unemotional? I think about this alot, I know I probably shouldn't since it is very depressing, but, for me, it motivates me even more to give a shit.

During the entire "house fiasco" the leak, the repairs, our doggie getting hurt, financial burdens as a result, flat tires, brakes falling off, taxes increasing, LIFE...we all got pretty down. The kids were affected, more weepy than usually, not as secure or relaxed..Shannon and I were strapped, busy with all that goes along with such a pain in the butt scenario, I think for a minute we all became unaffected. That was the worst few weeks we have had as a family..really. I NEVER yell at my kids and at times, I found myself occasionally going there. I NEVER argue with my husband, but again, we were bickering from time to time, which is SO unlike us.

I have vowed that I never want that to happen again. Everything in our lives become memories. These memories will last with us for a lifetime (we hope) and I only want them to be good ones. This memory, I am hoping to file away in the "Do not read me" folder and forget the entire thing. I am only hoping that I have learned from this that even when life sucks for a minute, it is still MY LIFE and was given to me to live.

No comments: