Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Don't forget about the sad people mama...

stick figures Pictures, Images and Photos

Today Trinity and I were doing some free drawings. She and I both traced one anothers feet and hands and were doodling inside of them. I drew a bunch of stick figures in one of my drawings and they were all smiling. She says

T - "Mama, why are all your people smiling?"
Me - "Because they are happy people."
T - "What about the sad people mama?"
Me - "I don't want sad people in my drawings baby"
T - "Why?"
Me - "Because it's a happy drawing, I want happy people in there."
T - "But mom, you can't forget about the sad people. They need to be remembered too...so, we can find a way to make them happy...you know?"
Me - "Youre right baby...I will draw a sad person right here *drawing one little sad person surrounded by happy people* and they are all making him happy...is that better?"
T- "Yep."

She is incredibly insightful, very deep and often, it makes it hard for her to relate to her peers. Some times, I worry about her, but then...I remember how loving, caring and open she is and accepting. She is so amazing, and I just love her.

No comments: