Tuesday, December 22, 2009

And the stupid just keeps coming...

Today, I was standing in what seemed to be one of the longest lines that I have ever stood in at Target. It was at least 10 people deep...and to think, I was only getting a gift card! There was this woman behind me, with 2 very unhappy babies, so, naturally, I let her go ahead of me. She was purchasing underpants. This is important to know, because it leads up to the stupid that pours out of my mouth, but wait for that, it's coming. So, she checks out and swipes her card...DENIED. She asks the clerk to run it for her, DENIED. Her total was $11something (yeah...some pricey underoos indeed) but all she has is a $10. Naturally, I cover her difference. Then, this happened.

Girl is leaving, very appreciative, waves to me
GIRL: "Thanks so much, Merry Christmas"
ME: "You are so welcome, enjoy those panties."
GIRL: has this happy/surprised/uncomfortable look on her face...as does my clerk...and the rest of the 8 people standing in my line.

Seriously?? Enjoy those panties?? What the heck was I thinking? Well done, Jenn...you definitely have a way with the words.

4 comments:

"Intentionally Katie" said...

LOL! I just finished feeding Jason and was holding him in his milk coma before putting him back to bed...I totally woke him up from laughing too hard. Poor buddy!!! But seriously, Jenn - hilarious.

Leslee said...

Oh honey, that's just awesome! I only wish I were there so I could have actually laughed at you. (And because I miss you so very much..) You are a wonderful person and gave those people a great story.

Love you

The Bryant's said...

That might be the funniest thing I have heard all year!! LMAO... dude you crack me up!! Love it!! Totally Jenn. :-)

Jenn Hydeman said...

Well, then, I am so glad to have amused!