Sunday, December 13, 2009

Mass Consumerism, Shopaholics and Crazy Ladies....


What do they all have in common?? Zhu Zhu Pets. Seriously...these things are driving people to act all kinds of crazy. First of all...let's talk about the hoards of people at the mall...OH MY GAWD....I can't believe the way that people are running around like crazy to get "that last gift"....note to all of you out there, avoid the mall at all costs. Now, back to the blog title. Yesterday, I was standing in line at Toys R Us to return an afterthought, when I subtly mentioned to the cashier "So, what's the big deal with these things [pointing to the zhu zhus]" she says "Oh, what...the Zhu Zhu Pets??" and, apparently, that set off some sort of alarm in the lady behind me, because she commenced to jump out of line, and literally, scoop all the remaining crazy magnets off the table....WOW, I wonder if she knows about the "Limit ONE per customer" rule that they have. It was one of the strangest things I had ever seen. Either she was A) The 30 year old Grandmother to 17 children that all wanted a Zhu Zhu pet (unlikely) or B) Crazy. I'm gonna go with B on this one. You should have seen the look on her face. So, beware of the zhu zhu pets, they may try to take over an otherwise perfectly sane person near you.

2 comments:

"Intentionally Katie" said...

I am THAT out of the loop that you are just introducing me to this phenomenon for the first time. What did the cashier say? What IS the big deal??? Do they change diapers for you? Make dinner when you're not in the mood? Clip coupons??? Cuz that is the kind of gift I would go crazy over! Any of those...I think I need a robot.

SpecialK said...

Ya know whats even worse! Here in Denver on black friday - a 72 year old GRANDMOTHER had to be taken to the hospital because a 31 year old woman pushed her out of the way over one of these zhuzhu pets!! Luckily the grandma wasn't badly injured but she did press charges against the other lady!