Monday, March 22, 2010

Interview with a VERY special client

I love being a photographer is awesome. Everyday I get to meet new people, capture their lives on film, peek into something that maybe I would have never known and hear some pretty wonderful stories. Just before spring break, I had the chance to speak at Trinity's class for Career Week. It was so much fun. I took pictures of all the kiddos in the class, and made them into coloring pages. I sat and talked with them and they got to ask questions. It was so much fun, and to see my Trinity, how proud she was of me, it made my heart sing.

Today, I had the utmost honor to interview someone whom I have admired closely for the past 6 years or so. This person is amazing...I think that everything they do holds copious amounts of merit, and I think that anything they do will be wonderful. I hope you enjoy reading the interview as much as I did taking it.

Me: "Hi there, you ready to take some pictures?"
Them: "Yes I am!"
Me: "Well then, I suppose we should get to it huh?"
Them: "Mom, are we pretending?" *by now you have probably realized, my special person is Trinity.*
Me: "Kinda exaggerating...like, being silly."
Trin: "Oh, I like that...ok."
Me: *while shooting* "So, what do you want to be when you grow up??" *I ask ALL of my little clients this, it's a GREAT ice breaker...unless they say something like "lawyer or bounty hunter..." then, it's cricket city...*
Trin: *she thought about it just a minute or so* "A vet...and a mommy."
Me: "Those are both really great jobs...important ones too."
Trin: "Did you always want to be a photographer mama?"
Me: "I always liked pictures, but no, I didn't think about being a photographer..."
Trin: "Maybe I will change my mind too..but right now, I know I want to be a vet for sure..first a mommy, then a vet."
Me: "Can I see your foot?"
Trin: "Sure" *puts her foot forward*
Me: *sniffing her toes* "PHEW, your feet STINK!!!"
Trin: *laughing* "MAMA!"

Me: "What's your favorite color in the whole world?" *another REALLY good question, because it's one that you can branch off of....and kids love colors*
Trin: "Purple and Pink....and Red....I like all the colors, but mostly Pink."
Me: *smiling* "Awesome, how about your favorite animal?"
Trin: "MOM, you know that....I love dogs. Especially little dogs."
Me: "I think you love little dogs because you have big dogs."
Trin: "I think so too..."
Me: "so, you wanna make some funny faces?" *again...SUPER fun to do with the munchkins...by this time in the shoot, they will have opened up and be really comfy cozy with you...oh, and btw this has turned into a guide to photographing children...just so you know.*
Me:"Ok bugs, I think we are about done."
Trin: "WAIT...I have to take a picture of you!" *if I REALLY trust that the little ones are careful, I usually let them do this at the end of my shoots...and my T knows this....slick little pickle.*
Me: "Ooh, mama is not dressed for photos..."
Trin: *hand on hip* "Mama, you look pretty."
Me: *awe* "Ok, just a couple babe, then we need to be done."
And this, is what she shot....why so serious??? She told me to be.
I love you my sweet, amazing, strong willed, open minded, caring, precious Trinity...may you forever be head strong, and always curious about everything in your world. I am so blessed to have you in my life. You are my favorite daughter.

5 comments:

"Intentionally Katie" said...

You, my friend, are a GENIUS. I am stealing all of your tricks of the trade!!!

one, two and three said...

T is so photogenic and full of personality, I just love her!

sad wings of life said...

Lovelly feetie! <3

Anonymous said...

Do her feet really stink

Anonymous said...

She is so adorable how old