Tuesday, May 25, 2010


Dear Little Baby,

When we first found out about you, I was so excited, and I stayed excited for a while...until I started to get sick. We made the choice not to tell anyone about you, and I even tried not to get too attached for fear that we may just lose you like we have other babies in the past. We have had a hard road with pregnancies, and I felt like this was just going to be another one of those bumpy paths paved with misfortune and heartbreak. But here we are, 15 weeks already and you decided to stick around, I am so happy you did.

I got to see a picture of you yesterday...granted, the circumstances weren't the most desirable, but ER or not, I got to see your beautiful profile...and that little flutter, your heart. I hope you don't think that I didn't want to share you with anyone...I wasn't embarrassed, or ashamed, just fearful, but after the doctor said "You have a little fighter in there"....I knew it was o.k. to tell everyone. I hope that in sharing you with the world, everyone can think happy, positive thoughts for you, and keep you fighting in there...keep you strong in there, so you can be strong out here. Stay strong ok?

I remember when I was pregnant with your older sister Trinity...that pregnancy was much like this one. I too was on special medicine to help keep me from getting sick. But even with the I.V.'s, medicine pumps and endless bouts of sickness, I am always so greatful to be pregnant. I know that there are so many others who are not able to be, and I can't imagine what that must feel like. We start the new medicine tomorrow, and I am happy and hopeful that it will give me a chance to not be sick anymore. I want you to know that you are so wanted, so loved and so anticipated already. We want to meet you, and hope you decide to be born. I never imagined to be going through this again, but, here we are, on a new journey together. I can't wait for you to meet your family.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I am always amazed of how much you go through for your babies, Jenn. I'm praying for you and your little fighter!

Jenn Hydeman said...

Thanks Tiff...start my Zofran pump tomorrow...IV fluids, haven't eaten in 4 days. The end result is so worth every second.

Krissi said...

Yay I am so glad you are sharing the news with everyone! I am sorry to hear you are so sick, but as you said, its worth it in the end. Lots of good thoughts and prayers heading your way!!

Jenn Hydeman said...

THanks K!