Saturday, June 26, 2010

18 weeks pregnant...and feeling it (in a good way)!

18 weeks have passed since we first started this journey so I thought it was time for a REAL pregnancy update, not one talking about a stupid pump or vomit or medication! I am going to try and do these monthly, so...here is month 4.

The baby is moving A LOT...boy do I feel it. Shannon has also felt baby move, and he was so happy...it was a great moment to share together. As a mama, here we are feeling all these amazing things, moment by moment, that at times I am sure that most dads may feel a bit left out...I think once the baby is at a gestational age that their tiny movements can be felt from outside the womb, it seems like it feels realer for the dad's when they can feel it too.

I am finally not as tired as I was in the very beginning, and let me tell you...that is an awesome thing. I am still in my regular clothes, only a few of my jeans have started to get tight..for now I refuse to let them kick me out. My solution to the tiny tightness is by ghetto rigging my jeans and using the rubber band method, works GREAT, and costs NOTHING! Total weight gained so far...about 6 lbs, feeling great overall, and loving this baby bump. I will try and post some pictures, haven't really posted any before, because...well, there wasn't anything to show yet!

Cravings...not many. I have been trying to eat as much as can be tolerated, mostly raw foods, slushies, and fruit. Just recently, red meat has been a HUGE turn off, so, holding off on that for the time being. Seafood is something that I am surprisingly able to tolerate really well..YUMM.

Being pregnant in the summer SUCKS. I wish it was about 10 degrees cooler, and that I could go swimming :( My solution to staying cool...popsicles, and lots of them. I also make fruit slushies and smoothies and that REALLY helps. I guess my favorite "snack" of sorts is frozen lemonade...soooo good.

Trinity is super excited about her new baby sister or brother. We have gone through the video of when she was born, and pictures of Tristan's birth to refresh her memory. She can't wait to hold baby, neither can I.

I will keep you updated on baby 3 as change happens. Stay tuned for more Hydeman family news!

No comments: