Thursday, July 1, 2010

Midwife appointment today

We had our checkup today. The last appointment ran over, so we only got to do the U/S but no meet with our M/W. Here are some of the stats from my appointment.

I have gained a total of 5 lbs in this pregnancy so far....lost 5 since my last appointment :( Baby is right on track for their birthday of between 11-22 and 11-28. The heart rate was in the 160's again today, and was very loud. Baby was super active which was fun to watch....I am getting SUPER excited about the new birthing rooms that are opening the end of summer at Phoenix Baptist. They will have birthing tubs, no restrictions, real beds, and the total care of midwives. I am also excited because as long as nothing is wrong with baby (ie. meconium, low birth weight, low apgar, or gbs+) we can go home in 6 hours after baby is born *cue the angels singing* they also do not care if both siblings are present, regardless of time of year.

Baby is REALLY consistent on their wake/sleep cycle already. Tristan was this way too, and it seemed to transfer over into his real life after he was born. Baby is always awake at 930PM, for around 10 mins, then drifts off to sleep. We time it, and sure thing...there it is "thump, bump...thump, thump." I love that feeling by the way.

My legs are starting to run out of spots for my iv...and that sucks. Today my midwives discussed whether I need to move it to my tummy *scared face* OUCH. Hopefully the infusion sites will heal up and I can continue to put it in the fatty part there...because, let me tell you..the thought of peircing a needle in my belly really freaks.me.out.

We have another ultrasound scheduled on 7/28 since I continue to lose weight and have horrible vomitting episodes. I will update you then on how it all goes.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Well, hot dang! Thanks for fixing the comments, Jenn. I don't have time to comment on everything just yet, but I wanted to jump on this one.

I didn't realize they had an area at Phoenix Baptist that offers the more natural approach to childbirth. That's awesome! Are you going to do the water birth? Home in 6 hours??? Holy cow Superwoman!

I give you so much props. I don't know how you can stick a needle in your body. I know you need it to function, but still. You're stronger than me, mama!

Jenn Hydeman said...

Totally...it is under construction right now, but should be open by end of summer...I HOPE! You can waterbirth, and we are going to do that for sure. PBH is awesome, when I was delivering Tristan, they had private rooms, you could labor in the water, but not deliver...the new rooms are geared JUST towards those wanting a more natural approach. I am excited. I honestly would just have baby at home, but our insurance won't cover it, and I can't afford a midwife to come to our house right now :( The 6 hours is the max that you have to stay...of course, you can stay longer if you wish...but I just want to have baby, and go home. As long as nothing is wrong, it's better to recoup at home anyway IMO.