Monday, August 9, 2010

Happy 1st Day of 1st Grade!

It's amazing what a year can do...I remember when we sent Trinity off for her first day of Kinder...I was a wreck. She was a little ball of nerves, which quickly settled, but me...all day long trying to keep myself occupied, phone at my hip at all times, checking the clock and her schedule to see what she was doing at any given time. A wreck...a complete and utter mess. This year, totally different. We went through the usual motions, buying school supplies, picking out her outfit, packing her lunch, getting all her items ready for class. This year she will use "the big kids" restroom, whereas in Kinder, they had a private room...so, we had the potty talk "now, Trin, you know nobody needs to go in the potty room with you right?" We took a little family photo before walking her to school.
Everything was simple, no anxiety...relaxed. We took her to her class, she gave us both a quick kiss, then handed her bag to her teacher and sat down to get to work. So proud of her independence, her even temper, and her joy of learning. She has definitely come a long way from that little apprehensive Kindergartner that we once knew. Way to go Trinity...you have made it to 1st grade!!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Jenn, she is growing SO MUCH! I love the potty talk you had with her. So how did she like her first day?

Krissi said...

Oh my gosh! She looks like such a big girl in this picture. I cant believe she is in 1st grade, I feel like just last week I was reading her kinder blog!