Friday, January 14, 2011

Has it really been a month already??

I am constantly surprised at how time so quickly slips away from us. It's been a month since my sweet Adeline was welcomed into this world. A MONTH. I really loved being pregnant, and though there are parts that I will always miss...nothing could take away from the gift we were given in Adeline. I remember waiting the last few weeks for her to decide to be born, those days...they seemed like forever, and here we are now, and I am trying to figure out a way to slow it all down. My birth was such a welcomed and surrealy wonderful experience, I just can't believe that it all happened over 30 days ago.

Adeline is growing more and more everyday. She has so many rolls, and is just a squishy wonderful thing. She has this amazing personality all of her own, loves to be held, and smiles constantly. I enjoy our late night nursing sessions, baby massages, and just staring at her. I can't stop staring at her. Last night, she was up for what seemed like an insane amount of time, but I actually enjoyed it! She just wanted to look at me. She was smiling and cooing and making me fall hopelessly in love with her even more.
She is, by all accounts, the most patient baby we have had yet. She is a champion sleeper, and as you can see by her pictures, a pretty proficient nurser too. She smiles so big that often times, I think she could blow doors off the house. She is just about to laugh...anyday now, and when she does, watch out. We are getting into our own groove, if we could just go a week without someone getting ill. Seriously, from the time we brought her home, to today as I type someone in this house is sick. Luckily though, it's not been her.

Well thats all for now, I will update more later...when I have two hands to type!!!!


2 comments:

Krissi said...

I love her so much already! I need more pictures though ;)

Jenn Hydeman said...

I know...I suck.