Wednesday, May 7, 2008

How do you want to be remembered?

I think about this alot...I know I shouldn't, I try as much as possible to live in the "now", but, in doing so, I remember that all the things I do and the choices I make in the "now" will directly affect the "soon to come". SO, I think about how I want to be remembered....not by everyone, mainly, my children. I want them to think of me and think that I was a wonderful mother. I want them to recall times when I played and laughed with them instead of saying "Not now, I am doing something..maybe in a minute". I want them to remember that I was a great wife. Shannon and I think it is VERY important that our children see how much we love one another, we kiss, hold hands, play and laugh a lot in front of them. Trinity is often heard in the background "Ahhh, that is so sweet mama." She loves it when we kiss....hopefull romantic like here mama I suppose.
So, how will you like to be remembered? Think about this when you are with your children today...hug them a lot, kiss them a lot, tell them how much you need them and adore them....and they will remember only that...that they loved you and you loved them.
Oh, and yes, I am a sap.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Boy when you said on your myspace that you were feeling deep, you weren't kidding, were you?

I want to be remembered as the mom who loved to give hugs, could be told anything, and loved to laugh. I think I'm doing a pretty good job of that so far. Well, except for with my "Mom-doesn't-know-anything" 13-year old. But she'll come around. Hell, I did!

Gina said...

I agree with you and try to live my life like that as well. We sometimes get so busy we forget what is most important, like slowing down and loving. Great advice and reminder, here is a quote I often keep in my mind...


To be in your child's memories tomorrow, be in his life today.