Monday, May 12, 2008

We are on the right track!


Tristan has been receiving Occupational therapies for 3 months now...I can't believe that it has been that long...has it been that long??? And Speech for about 3 weeks. We hadn't noticed huge leaps in vocabulary, but, his gross motor skills have increased greatly. He still falls a lot, is super clumsy, but, again...he is a BIG BOY!!! And, well, his mama is quite the clutz.

Well, the reason for this blog is that I wanted to share with you all a great breakthrough that we have found. My mother took me to the Woman's expo last month, and we met a man that was selling supplemental products. Now, I don't divuldge to the general public that my son is autistic..for a few reasons, 1) None of their business 2) It should not weigh into how he is viewed or treated, so, why share it 3) He is perfect to us... So, anyway...this man is talking to other people about the supplements, and I hear the word "AUTISTIC BOY" and automatically perk up. Long story short, a Mother and Father of a 2 year old NON verbal, Severly Autistic boy came to this man in desperate search for help. They had tried just about everything from GFCF diets, DAN doctors, injections, therapies..you name it...but to no avail. They started their son out on a series of supplements and within 3 weeks...YES, 3 weeks, they noticed a change. Their son started saying words, out of nowhere...then, one day, he say "Hi Daddy...." and kept growing on his vocab from there. By 5 years of age he was able to be integrated into Mainstream school and there was no trace of his once Autistic life.

I then told the man that my son was Autistic and he and his wife immediately wanted to help. Tristan is very very very sweet, social and loving..but, he does not talk. He has MAYBE a handful of words that he uses but only when prompted or modeled for him. He has NEVER said Mama, and I have to say, typing that, it breaks my heart. The system is by a company called BioGreen Systems. They are ALL natural, and jam packed with all the nutrients, vitamins and minerals that you need. Tristan is on a 4 step process and takes it in a shake twice a day. I have to tell you...it tastes amazing.

Ok, on to the good stuff. PROGRESS. He has started talking...spontaneously! My dad walked into a room and he yells with passion "PAPA!!!!" We were giving him a bath and Trinity was blowing bubbles he screams "BUBBLES!!!" I was counting cards with Trinity, he walks up next to us and starts throwing cards down like we were saying "Two, Two, Two...." he was trying with all his might to get up on Trinity's bed and looks right at me and says "UP" He was playing with his favorite bear, and he says "BLUE BEAR" I showed him a card of a train and he says "Choo Choo..." I was nursing him, and for the FIRST time ever, he made eye contact with me...he was looking right at me, clear as day....then he smiled. I am crying writing this....we have made a major breakthrough, and it is all through fixing his diet and adding the right nutritional supplements he needs. He takes a cleanse pill 2 times a day to push out any heavy metals, toxins, pollutants and such from his body...and, for the first time in his life, he had a NORMAL bowel movement.

If you know someone who is Autistic, has an Autistic Child...PLEASE give them my information. I would love to talk with them about this product. I am going to start selling it, and any profits that I recieve will go to Autism Research. I believe STRONGLY in this product, and I hope that through this, we will see an end to Autism. Thanks for reading guys....

1 comment:

"Intentionally Katie" said...

I am so happy for your family, Jenn! I was touched by your post...it brings tears to my eyes that he's making such huge strides. Can you imagine being a mom of an Autistic Child 15 years ago??? They know so much more today, it amazes me.

I have a handful of friends with Autistic sons, so I will definitely tell them your story and pass your info along to them if they're interested.