Monday, July 19, 2010

22 is a great number.

Soooo much yummy goodness in the number 22....it was the day that I was born, is the estimated due date of baby #3, is my lucky number and is where I am at in this pregnancy. 22 weeks already! It is really moving by fast. More good news...today, I dosed down for the 2nd time since starting the Zofran. This is a HUGE step towards weaning completely off the medication and having NO MORE PUMP!!! I get very excited at the idea of that. I have my midwife appointment on the 28th, and they will be doing another ultrasound to check weight/fluid/movement of baby. I am excited to get another sneek peek in there. I took some really nice belly pictures, but they were inadvertantly deleted from my memory card *EEK* so, hopefully this week, we can snap a few more. So far in this pregnancy I have realized a few things:

1-Pregnancies over 30 are much harder on your body then when you are a young gal
2-My ass thinks it's pregnant too
3-"The rules" of pregnancy kinda go out the window when you are chasing around 2 children..."don't lift anything heavier than 50 lbs...." yeah right.
4-People assume you are just fat, because the idea of you being pregnant again just seems crazy
5- Keeping track of how far along you are takes skill. I remember when I was pregnant with my first two, every week I updated a blog, I had a pregnancy ticker, I took pictures....now, when someone asks me how far along I am...I have to stop and count the weeks, so...I just say "5ish months".
6-My skinny jeans have officially kicked me out.
7-Decorating a nursery is a waste of time. In my experience, the baby sleeps in our room most of the time, so why bother, save money for more important things...like a good carseat.
8-I am so much more relaxed this time around. I have learned that pregnancy is to be enjoyed, and cherished, because honestly, we really don't know when it may or may not happen again. It's such a wonderful blessing, and I am thankful to be living it again.

No comments: