Friday, July 23, 2010

Bye Bye Pump...

...and the words from the great (or not so great) Donald Trump "You're Fired" *pretend to do the cobra hand thingy he does". I have officially, as of today, completely weaned off of my zofran pump *doing the happy dance*. I am sooo excited to be done with that damn thing, you have no idea. I was so sick of injecting myself EVERY DAY...my skin started to breakdown and I had to change the site every morning. I hated how I was woke up at odd hours in the night to refill a syringe, replace a battery or check on dosing. I disliked not being able to walk around without something on my shoulder, in my leg and always on my body. Now I am free. I have no cords holding me down. I don't have to be careful when pulling up my jeans for fear of ripping out my IV. I can have spontaneous love making with my husband and that is a wonderful thing. Today is a milestone, an achievement that I wasn't sure I would hit by now...but thanks to my nurses, I was able to slowly dose down, and here we are. No more pump...what a wonderful thing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is GREAT news Jenny!!

Love,

Mom