Monday, April 16, 2007

Anniversary Weekend












Had a BLAST this weekend! We went up to Sedona and Flagstaff, the weather was beautiful, the company...superb LOL. We started our Anniversary Weekend by heading out to the Maricopa County Fair on Thursday...it was great..that is, until the storm hit. The storm, wind, all things aside, was fine...it's when the dust and sand starts flowing around, getting into my babies eyes, then, you messed with the wrong Momma! We start to see the Ferris Wheel teeter totter, and decide, maybe it is time to go? We run out..and, get CAUGHT ON THE NEWS. Damn Fox 10..it made it seem as though we were in Back Draft or something! Its pretty funny though, we are caught whipping around the corner to the exit, my hair is flying everywhere from the wind, Shannon is cradling Tristan as to protect from some horrible natural disaster...I am sure people thought we were running from a Tornado...ah, we have become those people...the ones who bitch when there are rain drops!!! (really, it was the sand and dust..I PROMISE!)




Friday we headed up to Sedona. What a great time. We stopped at the Krazy Kyote and asked about hotels, this man who owned at little cafe (The Living Earth Cafe) gave Trin and I free handmade cookies..when Trin gave him a hug to thank him, he just said that he saw how happy of a family we were, and felt compelled to spread some more happiness...I loved that. We ate at the cafe, and I must say, the company and food alike were wonderful. Afterwards, we went to Tlaquepaque, my favorite photo spot, took pictures, ate, enjoyed being together. Shannon and I went here before we were married, spent hours just being in each others presence... talking without how our life would be, where we would end up in the years to come..this time was no different, except this time, we had more to talk about, more to be thankful for...I love having kids. I always feel so  renewed after being there..Sedona is one of my favorite getaways.



After that was all said and done, we decided to head up to Flagstaff for the night. It was so nice, despite Tristan teething something horrible (I saw a little shiny white tooth poking through!) we really did have fun. We drove around town, played at parks, ate the BEST brunch ever!!! The Woodlands Inn has a lovely Sunday brunch that has TONS of hot foods, crab legs, shrimp, made to order omlettes, steak, chicken marsala, the list really does go on...but the best thing...wait for it...it is only $15!! That was quite a highlight LOL.

At the end of the trip, we got home, and Shannon had 2 more days off...it really is just nice to be with him..I love that man. I love to listen to him playing with Trinity..all the pretend play, the schemes that they come up with, the flowers they pick for me. I love to see him holding Tristan and snuggling Trinity, all the while giving me the greatest smile I have ever loved. We had a great Anniversary, thanks to everyone for the congrats, we really are lucky.

3 comments:

Snarky Mom Reads said...

You have such a beautiful way of framing your pictures -- what an awesome photographic eye you have! Thanks for sharing news of your anniversary weekend vacation!

Snarky Mom Reads said...

Wow - I just looked at your photo studio information -- sure wish we lived in your area! What great pricing & I'd love the chance for you to capture my family like you do yours...

Stella said...

you guys are so beautiful! I love your pics Jen!