Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Creepy House

Not to get too much into it, that will come in a later post...but, we have been looking around for another house.

On our "journey" we stumbled across this house

This house will be forever embedded in my psyche. From the outside it is idyllic...beautiful stone facad, lighted garage door, river rock, upgraded screens. The backyard boasts over 100K in upgrades from the pebbletec pool with waterfall, raised jacuzzi, and slide to the flagstone extended deck with beehive fireplace, built ins for a barbeque and a lighted waterfountain feature. The price was so attractive...only $191K for over 3800 sq ft! That doesn't happen....Once you enter the home though, it was an ENTIRELY different scenario...think Psycho. But let me backtrack. Before going inside, I went over to the neighbors house to ask them about the neighborhood. I looked online before visiting, but couldn't find much. In retrospect, I should have been able to see through his elusive answers to my questions as a warning.
ME - *Knock Knock on the door.......No answer....Ringing the doorbell*
Man - *Opens the door....but, is just staring at me*
ME - "Hi, I'm sorry to bother you, we are looking at purchasing the house next door, I was wondering if you had any information on the house or the area that might help us with our decision."
Man - *stoned face, no emotion, monotone* "Are, uh, you the new neighbors?"
ME - "No, we just wanted to see if we could find out some more information before we get too attached...you know, some research if you will."
Man - *just staring at me....* "Uh, yeah.........that house has some history."
ME - "Anything in particular you could share with me???"
Man - *looking a bit perplexed....long pause* "The people that lived there........they were crazy." *shuts the door in my face*

Ok, that went well. Our realtor gets there and we head inside...before we turn the key and even see the inside though, Trinity says "This house is creepy." Now, let me say that my T never uses the words "creepy"...and she didn't see the inside yet, so, there was really no reason for her to say it...at least I hadn't discovered it yet. The first thing we notice when we go inside is the sick amount of black mold covering the walls, carpet, baseboards, toilet....you name it. I was terrified. Shannon was holding Trinity and I was holding Tristan...there was NO way they were getting down. We decided to leave, but on the way out I noticed that there was something funny on the stairs, looked like bleach. When I got closer, I uncovered something so gruesome, something that you would see on those CSI shows. It was indeed bleach. The bleach was poured on the stairs in an attempt to cover the BLOOD that was splattered the entire rise of the stairway. No, I am not kidding. I was intrigued...I know, but that little part of me that enjoys those scary movies and forensic shows wanted to know more. I peered up onto the landing and saw what looked like the bloody trail of a dead body being pulled down the hallway and thrown down the stairs...NO, I am not kidding...and YES, we left immediately.

4 comments:

"Intentionally Katie" said...

Is that realtor HIGH?!?!? Dude, hire a cleaning company! If there was a murder, at least cover it up, you know? What on earth?

Unknown said...

Dude, what the hell? Ok I could see the mold on the walls just in those pictures. How scary! Why didn't the realtor disclose that there was a bloody body dragging commited in the house BEFORE letting you and your babies step foot in there? Holy cow, that's the worst story I've heard in a long time.

Just the Five of Us said...

Um, definitely CREEPY.

Jenn Hydeman said...

Yeah, it was not the best house showing we have ever been to...that's for sure.