Wednesday, September 10, 2008

I would like to thank the academy.....

I would like to take this time to give thanks for the many things that make my life so FULL....you complete my insanity...so, thank you.

Thank you "Baby Alive"...because of you, I now have to change the diapers of a real baby and you. Did I mention that you wear cloth diapers??? FUN.

Thank you prune juice..you know good and well what you did to me.

Thank you chocolate layer on the back of a supposed healthy kids snack. I will be scrubbing you out of my daughters jeans tomorrow...and the car seat....and the carpet.

Thank you "Littlest Petshop" toys. Because of you I am constantly following little t around with my hand out spouting the words "Let mama see...let mama have it please...." I swear, if you choke my child, so help me God....

Thank you wheat. You devil in a flour sack. Thank you for all the many blowouts you have caused....you are a tricky little pickle, you hide in everything and go by many alias'. "Modified Food Starch" my butt....just call a spade a spade will you...for the sake of my little ones bum and his stroller...and carseat...and carpet.....

Thank you Lylah...you are a beautiful dog...but WHY OH WHY must you pee in my house???

Thank you lady at the supermarket. You are the 175th person to tell me my Tristan is such a cute little GIRL....Seriously??? He is wearing a football shirt....that's blue....with camo pants. It's just a ponytail...get over it.

Thank you Transformers. Because of you, my office is a shrine, an omage to all things TF. I have to stare at you as I type...right now...quit looking at me Optimus Prime...

Thank you Qwest. The extra hours that you steal my husband away from his family every day are just great....though I appreciate the paycheck, we are missing him terribly.

Thank you almost 5 years old. Because of you, my daughter has perfected the hand on hip eye roll that I adore so much.

And thank you crazy rambling mind...because of you I could post this silly blog.

3 comments:

Xandi said...

I love this post! Excellent read :).

"Intentionally Katie" said...

Is it wrong that I enjoyed hearing a little attitude out of you? You're always so positive and optimistic in your blog. Not that it makes me happy that others don't have perfect lives, I'm just sayin'. Am I making sense?

You know what I mean...hilarious post. And with the chocolate on snack foods: I FEEL YOU! The mini chocolate chips in our granola bars are now permanently melted to our car seats. ONE falls off and it melts in seconds.

Jenn Hydeman said...

Thank you, thank you...and yes Katie, it is wrong that you find such joy in my torment. LOL.