Tuesday, September 16, 2008

I am at it again....more favorites!!!

Remember my old posts a few months back "A few of my favorite things" 1 and 2 ...well, I am at it again. Here is series 2 of my favs! I hope you enjoy (thanks Katie for the link parsing info!!)

MH2O

I heart this mop soooooo much! As you all know we have eliminated the chemicals from our home, and this mop is so great because it cleans on 100%PURE H2O!!! It uses the power of steam to blast away all the dirt, grime, bacteria and whatever else is on your floors. I love using it, the floor literally is squeaky clean under foot. You have no streaks and no residue. It cleans out the grout, and you can use it to steam upholstery and carpets too. I can't say enough good things about this wonderful eco friendly workhorse. Pick one up! I got ours at Linen's N Things. It was $99 and we used our 20% off coupon.

CORN BASED PLASTICS

We are trying to eliminate the use of plastics in our home and have stumbled upon a WONDERFUL product. They have straws, bags, plates, cups...you name it. The best thing about these is that they are 100% biodegradable and compostable. I have not yet used these, but they are on order to our home (straws and bags)...stay tuned for an update.

This Website
This is the website that we order the Corn Based Products from.


What Odor?


This is a Godsend for families with pets. I use this product on all facets of our house. If the cat box is stinky, I spray it on there. If one of the dogs had an accident (LYLAH) I spray the spot with this. You can use it anywhere and around anyone...there are no harmful chemicals and it is 100% Biodegradable. Another nice thing is for every product you purchase, a tree is planted!

id Bare Minerals Makeup

Now, you know I am not a makeup girl..BUT, if I have to look super pretty for some "special event"...(cause you know I have a ton of those) this stuff is the BEST thing I have found that helps to add a little "life" while keeping me looking like...me. I don't like makeup, at all. About the only thing that I do use is mascara because my eyelashes are so light. BUT, this makeup helps to clear up my acne too. Try it sometime, really, it's worth the money and it is easy to apply. If you forget to wash your face at night, it is ok...the minerals are actually good for your skin. I picked my set up at ULTA, it was on special for $49 (keep in mind that if you were to use it EVERYDAY...and it lasts ALL DAY...it would last you a year).
Ok, so, that is all I can think of at the time...it is really flippin' early in the morning, so, I will just leave you with this! Let me know if you try anything and what you think!!!!

2 comments:

"Intentionally Katie" said...

I have a few things to add to my shopping list! I wash our tile with just water, but I love the idea of the steam thing. I'm sure it works much better than a mop and my lack-of elbow grease!

When we were at Sea World last week, they had paper straws. SO interesting!!! I couldn't figure out how they didn't disinegrate (sp?) in what I was drinking??? They felt like cardstock, almost. Very cool invention. Can't wait to hear about the corn-based ones!

one, two and three said...

Cool, I want to try some of these products NOW!...Thanks Jenn.