Friday, December 7, 2007

Craft Day...let's make something for Daddy!

















Trinity's FAVORITE thing to do in school is crafts...and guess what Thursday was!!! She had this heart shaped potato that we found in a bag getting ready to be boiled, she selflessly spared it and said she HAD TO SAVE IT...so, this was the best time to use it! We made potato stamps and with finger paints, created a peice of art. I rolled out her butcher paper, broke out the paintbrushes, and she went to town. The 3 feet long peice of paper was magically transformed into something only a Daddy could love...well, I love it too! She wrote, "SMILE" "HAPPY" and "I LOVE YOU DADDY" along with her heart potato stamps, and a bevvy of smiling faces. Immediately after she says "Momma, I miss Daddy...I wish he could come home so I can give him this" So, with that, I loaded the kids up in the car, wet paper art and all....we drove to Shannon's work and visited him. He hung the creation in his office, and boy, did that make one little girl SO proud! She told him that she wanted him to have it so he can always think of her and be happy at work. Now, if that doesn't help you have a better day at work, I am not sure what will!

1 comment:

"Intentionally Katie" said...

Okay, that's about the sweetest thing ever. And what better time to visit Daddy at work? Don't you love the freedom to be that spontaneous?!?!?!