Thursday, December 13, 2007

Newsletter for Big T : Month 50


You turned 50 months on the 4th, you are so much more mature than most children your age, both refreshing and frightening all in the same breath. This month is a fun one for everyone, it's Christmastime again. I have a mixed feeling when talking to you about Santa and such...you are incredibly smart, and honestly, I have this feeling you know that we are lying to you about the man in red and you are just going along with it to appease us...which, I do appreciate. All in the same, I do sometimes feel a tiny bit bad that we have resorted to a type of bribery by means of "Be a good girl because Santa is coming..." but hey, your 4 and sometimes if that is what it is going to take to make you stop asking me the same question OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER....well, you get the picture. You asked me where he gets in the house since we don't have a chimeny...I at first said the attic, then you had this sort of startled look on your face and looked up to the ceiling in this way as if thinking "So, there is someone in the attic???" in retrospect, that was probably a really stupid thing to say to a recently scared of the dark 4 year old...so, I quickly backpedled and said that we gave him a key. PHEW, averted disaster, again..this parenting thing is not as easy as it looks my dear. You will see, you are going to have a smarty pants little girl too, and coming up with cleverly witty things to trick her will be hard! I love you boo boo bean, thanks for keeping me on my toes.

Love Momma.

2 comments:

"Intentionally Katie" said...

Whew! I'm glad my kid isn't the only one who asks the same question incessantly. I've been told (maybe out of pity!) that preciosity is a sign of intelligence. I think it was supposed to make me less crazed by ALL...of...the...questions...

Jenn Hydeman said...

Oh my....we have some talking to do. She is all about questions. My neighbor was outside washing the sidewalk and Trinity was getting her rollerskates on, he had his eye on her so I ran inside to get something, came out and he had this look on his face, I said "What did she say?" He replies...."Not what she is saying, what she is asking...does she ever run out of questions??"" Uh, NO! She is super smart, and I do enjoy that she is so inquisitive, BUT, there are days that I can only repeat myself so many times LOL!