Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Babble on little boy...we are listening!



WOW...he is really trying HARD to talk. Within the last few days we have noticed some great strides in his language. He went from only saying half a handful of words to really trying to use more and more. Last night, we went to dinner with our inlaws, he was eating and out of no where..unprompted he said "Ah done"...now, he has said this before, but mainly only after I have modeled the language for him...this time, it was by his own doing!!!! Then, he looked over at Shannon's mom and said very plainly..."G.G." which is what we call her. I COULD NOT BELIEVE IT...what a wonderful sound. His little voice, formulating real words. My heart was leaping out of my chest. Then, we get home and get the kids ready for bed. I asked him "Do you want to go Night Night?" He looked at me as if to say "YES MAMA!!!!!" But, he said "Bye Bye" which, if you think about it, is like Night Night...he is going Bye Bye in a sense? So, we walk down the halway and he says "Bye Bye" to Shannon and Trinity. I am happy. I have this overwhelming feeling of accomplishment, eventhough it wasn't me that did it, I still feel so happy for Tristan. So, babble on little t, we are all listening!!!!!

1 comment:

Xandi said...

Yay for Tristan! What an amazing feeling when your child starts really speaking for the first time. He went from non-verbal to verbal just like that! Awesome!!