Friday, February 15, 2008

Newsletter for litte t - Month 19




19 months, already....slow down time, I have to slow you down! Tristan, you are keeping me on my toes buddy...trying more adventurous things, standing on tables, climbing up stairs and hanging your toes off the edge. Your balance is improving ever so slightly, but you are still a little weeble wobble. You started your therapy this month, both speech and occupational therapy...I know that probably doesn't make much sense to you now, but know that they are things that are going to help you use your body better, to be able to walk steadier, to play with toys you have trouble working. Ultimately, I want you to feel confident when you do things, I know that you get frustrated, just as any child would when you try and try and just can't do a certain task...I know it is even harder since you can't talk to me, so we are going to help you learn to communicate to us in other ways...through pictures and sign, until you are ready to talk. Your sessions will help you learn to understand the way that things work, include you! You are so cute. I love watching you sleep...your underbite smile melts my heart and I just adore the way that you cling to me. You are my sunshine, and I look forward to every day that I learn more about you.

No comments: