Saturday, February 23, 2008

We're eating Mexico Food?!


First I will start off saying that I like to think we submerse our children in other cultures, offer them chances to see and hear things from other countries, including eating different foods. Here is one recant of a recent encounter with "culture" that I will never forget.

This is the newest saying from our little observer Trinity. She loves Sesame Street, which makes me HAPPY...since, I secretly adore the show myself. Well, the latest one that she watched was an episode where Rosita talks about Mexico and all the wonderful things from her country, one of the things being food. So, she keeps asking about the dishes, if we can make some...I say, sure, why not. Well, on the way to a friends house a day or so later, I had an amazingly strong craving for a burrito at Ramiro's. Trinity is hilarious, I am ordering the food and paying for it....she says, in a rather LOUD voice, "Oh, mama...we are eating MEXICO food!, I love Mexico food mama...is that man from Mexico too?" The man at the window looked at me like I was a nut. But hey, she is learning...it was cute, and, by the way, the burrito, was AMAZING! I love Mexico food.

No comments: