Wednesday, February 13, 2008

"It's your choice Tristan..."

In this house it is all about choices. I think it is important to allow the children to make decisions and we respect their choices. Trinity knows this all too well and it was ABSOLUTELY the cutest thing today that I overheard her saying to Tristan. I will set it up for you. Tristan was sitting at the top of the slide (oh yeah, by the way, he goes down the slide ALL BY HIMSELF now!!!!) anyway, back on track, he was sitting at the top of the slide and he had a lolli pop in his mouth. Trinity saw that and said "OH no, that is dangerous" and asked him to drop it...surprisingly, he did. Then, he just sat at the top of the slide. So, Trinity started with this.

Big T - "Tristan, you have 3 choices...
ME - laughing quietly so she can't hear
Big T - "You can come down the slide now and get your lollipop."
little t - "doo doo" *drooling profusely*
Big T - "You can sit up there and I will EAT your lollipop"
little t - *smiling and laughing at how serious sissy is being*
Big T - *looking over at me* " or, I can help you down and we can share it."

It was super cute. She helped him down and they are going back and forth sharing it. I love it. I am so pleased with the way that we have raised our children, that that have no fear in choices, that they know that they are respected to speak their minds, and that in turn, they are respectful. Don't get me wrong, every child has their moments, and Trinity being 4 is in her "exerting independence....sometimes bossy stage" but, she is respectful and she is kind. I love watching them grow together, what an amazing journey we have ahead of us!!!!

No comments: