Wednesday, June 18, 2008

A Few More of my Favorite Things!

Lemons - They are really underestimated and undervalued. They have amazing antibacterial properties and are ALL NATURAL. Did you know that lemons PREVENT strains of influenza?? You could completely avoid unecessarily exposing you and your children to nasty flu shots if you just have a little lemon on hand. It is a great body cleanse if taken on an empty stomach with water and honey...I do this in the AM. They are next to free if you plant a tree. You can use lemon for eating, marinating, skin exfoliation, disenfecting, sterilizing, and making your home smell SO summery fresh. Take a few leaves off of the tree, crumple them in your hand and boil them in a simmer pot. Try it...you will like it!


Vitamin B12 - This vitamin has helped my son in so many ways, I can't even begin to tell you. When we started supplementing, we noticed a language spurt RIGHT AWAY. Granted, you can't understand half of what it is he is trying to say, BUT, he is trying...and repeating cyllabuls...I know I botched that...anyway. Tristan take a supplement called MPB and it is amazing. Its main ingredient is the B12. A ton of Autistic children recieve B12 shots, and now I know why...this vitamin works. I take it too and it does give my brain a boost of energy when I am feeling like I have another case of "The Mondays".

My Dyson Vaccuum Cleaner...*que the angel music* IT ROCKS! I have to admit, I was a skeptic, I thought..."Why would ANYONE pay upwards of $500 for a vaccuum????" Now I know. That Swedish Dyson guy really means it when he says it NEVER loses suction. The carpet feels so soft and fresh when I vaccuum it. I love to vaccuum...I am enjoying typing the word VACCUUM...it is my way of unwinding. The wonderful thing about the model I have is that it purifies the air as you are cleaning! PURIFIES THE AIR! All Dyson's are certified asthma and allergy friendly. It actually makes it cleaner than when you first started, that my friends is worth $500....We have the Model DC-17 Asthma and Allergy...it is a lovely shade of outerspace blue and BOY, does it rock my world.



Organic Hemp / Bamboo - I LOVE the fact that both of these materials are grown with minimal amounts of water and labor. They are the epitomy of sustainable. Fabrics in Hemp and Bamboo are naturally anti-microbial, are PERFECT for organic toys for children as they are not treated with pesticides and smell divine. They are pricier, but, in the long run, it is SO worth it. I made a blanket for Trinity and backed it with Organic Bamboo Velour...so YUMMY soft.

Britax - WOWZA is all I have to say. They are amazing manufacturers of safety products. Specifically I am talking about the Britax Marathon. I love this seat. My daughter has been in one since she was 8 months old (rear facing of course) and we have 4 total (2 in the Burb and 2 in the Magnum). They are super soft and gushy, have AMAZING safety ratings and can harness up to 65 lbs! That is HUGE considering my 10 year old neice is only like 70 lbs. If you wanted a seat that lasts even longer, the Regeant harnesses to 80lbs. We plan on keeping the kiddos in them until they reach the limit, and yes, that means if they are 7 or 8. Check out this video, and you will understand why.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azgBhZfcqaQ
and
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVVCwZid4To

More to come when I have a free second!!! Stay tuned.

5 comments:

Xandi said...

I'm so glad you are posting on here about Britax and the importance of 5-point-harnessing your children. We did the lemon thing the other day (crunched the leaves and boiled them). I LOVE anything lemon! I think I may add B12 to my diet as well as the kids. I don't know if we'll actually buy that product, but the supplements can't help.

Just the Five of Us said...

Ooh! I have so been drooling over the Dyson. But I have yet to know someone who has one. I am so glad you gave it a thumbs up!

Stella said...

I love the color of that Dyson! I have the yellow one. I like blue better ;)

B-12? Hmmm....I am gona look into that, thanks Jen!

Jenn Hydeman said...

I know, I was so mesmerized by the blue! The yellow is awesome too..they all are good really. I reco them to everyone!

Unknown said...

My sister CeCe manages a GNC store now, and she came by with a bottle of Black Cohosh (for my damn PCOS which has made my uterus almost menopausal-like) and B-12 supplements. I've been taking them every day for the past few weeks, and I already feel more energetic. I think it's the B-12 that's doing that. Amazing!