Sunday, January 4, 2009

101 Things in 1001 Days

Sounds interesting enough right? A good friend of mine is tackling this and I thought, hey, why not! The idea is to make a clear and concise list of "to do's" for your life and to get them crossed off in a certain time frame. Why 1001 days you ask? Simple, because it's realistic. Why set goals for yourself that pressure or stress you out? The idea is to make it attainable and so, 1001 days it is. Here is my list of "to do's". Make one for yourself, and start crossing the things off! In no particular order...here we go.

1) Go to bed by 9PM for 1 week straight
2) Go on a Cruise
3) Take the kids to a recycling facility
4) Volunteer at an Animal Shelter
5) Volunteer at a Food Bank
6) Have another baby
7) Make a Full Size Quilt for Trinity out of her old baby clothes and blankets
8) Go to an opera
9) Take the kids to White Lake SD to see my Grandfather and visit my Grandmother's grave
10) Dance in the rain
11) Make paper from dryer lint
12) Scrapbook my kiddos lives (get it all organized!)
13) Organize my sewing closet - DONE! 02/06/09
14) Be more daring with my woredrobe
15) Convert the ENTIRE house to eco-friendly products
16) Teach Trinity to tell time
17) Potty Train Tristan
18) Go to a dermatologist
19) Get my teeth whitened
20) Get better advertisement for my photography studio
21) Move closer to town
22) Eat snow
23) Get rid of my old clothes that I KNOW I will never wear
24) Get my wedding dress drycleaned and boxed
25) Get a pedicure
26) Get a massage
27) Start Trinity in a preschool program - DONE! 01/2009
28) Get family pictures done...we me actually IN them!
29) Make fresh bread once a week
30) Go through the kids toys and rotate them out
31) Make a budget....actually write one down in a book
32) Plant a garden
33) Start a compost pile
34) Take Tristan to Disneyland
35) SIMPLIFY (I know...broad, but, I get it)
36) Sell our computer desk
37) Sell our Armoire in the playroom
38) Have the kids go through their toys and donate what they don't play with anymore
39) Make "kid art" on a large canvas for the house
40) Do a "Things they like 2009" list and write on large canvas
41) Make a photobook with my favorite photos
42) Payoff the truck
43) Work on signing with Tristan
44) Get new white dishes an donate the old ones
45) Campout in the backyard
46) Buy new panties....not that I don't have any, just want some nicer ones! - DONE! 02/06/09
47) Read the bible
48) Buy wood toys in lieu of battery operated
49) Take the dogs to the park 5 times a week
50) Have a Ladies Tea Party with my best girlfriends
51) Renew our vowes on our 10 year anniversary
52) Play my flute again
53) Make the kids felt food
54) Learn to knit
55) Start meditating on a regular basis again
56) Go scuba diving
57) Eat at an Indian Cuisine Resturaunt
58) Go to Hawaii
59) Go surfing
60) Fill out that Heirloom Recipe Book that I bought for myself 2 years ago!
61) Make a waldorf doll
62) Go on a date with Shannon
63) Take a nap
64) Visit the states we want to move to in the near future NC, CO, VA, KY
65) Have one day with no modern technology at all...camping at home if you will
66) Have a "sleep over" with Trinity in her room...girls only
67) Get my camera professionally cleaned
68) Surprise Shannon at work one day
69) Work out on a more consistent basis
70) Start wearing my retainer
71) Make a book about me for the kids
72) Update our Living Will
73) Take the kids to a nursing home to volunteer our time
74) Go see Cirque de Soliel
75) Eat at a really nice resturaunt
76) Take pictures of and biography 12 strangers
77) Write a children's book for the kiddies
78) Slow dance with Shannon at least once a week
79) Perform 20 random acts of kindness
80) Help Trinity with a Lemonade Stand
81) Enlarge some of my favorite pictures of the kids for framing
82) Enlarge some of my favorite pictures of the dogs for framing
83) Record the lullaby I sing to the kids and put on a disc for both of them
84) Steam clean the carpet
85) Take my mom out to lunch
86) Write a letter to someone and MAIL not EMAIL it
87) Teach Trinity about "pen pals"
88) Set up a Nature Table
89) Make a fort
90) Go to a concert
91) Have a weekly family game night
92) Get my meal plan set up
93) Figure out a realistic cleaning schedule and stick to it for 1 month *hopefully longer!*
94) Get rid of those boxes in the garage from my college days
95) Pray daily (for a week) for someone that I don't get along with
96) Set up a camera and monitor my activities and dealings with the kids for 1 day (I have ALWAYS wanted to do this...kind of a Big Brother idea, you know, we don't always see ourselves until we SEE ourselves.)
97) Buy myself a really nice bra
98) Invite my neighbors over for dinner
99) Teach Trinity how to make my mom's lasagna
100) Let Trinity pick out her outfit everyday for a week
101) Update my layout on blogger

2 comments:

"Intentionally Katie" said...

7. The quilt - what a beautiful idea!
11. (you can make paper from LINT???)
63. You crack me up. You're not a nap person, are you? Oh, I could nap every day...I love sleep...
74. Cirque de Soliel - ooh, good one! Wish I'd thought of it.
96. Find a reason to get on the Dr. Phil show and they'll do all the hidden cameras for you! :)

LOVE your list. I love having goals...and lists...and crossing stuff off of lists...

The Bryant's said...

#57... I am TOTALLY there with ya! :-)