Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Completely impressed with her....


I can't explain the level of respect that I have for Trinity and her ability to communicate with Tristan. She is amazing. Today for instance, I hear her saying "Come here Tristan, lets play tops" (Tops are his FAVORITE toys of all time...anything that spins is a given, but, when you add swirling colors and music, well...that's just magic.) She has him sit in front of her and she starts playing.
"Tristan, do you want colors or music? [referring to the type of top she can spin for him] "Colors or Music buddy, touch.." He touches the colored top and she says "Colors?? Good choice, lets play". I love that although he is unable to verbally communicate his needs, he can show us in many other ways. I also love that she is able to read his cues and help him out. I could never imagine being 5 and having to morph in all the ways that she has had to over the past 2 1/2 years, I am so completely impressed with her...beyond belief.

1 comment:

SpecialK said...

She is such a beautiful, smart girl! You have done a great job with them!