Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Happy 3rd Birthday little man


3 years ago today you were born. It was such a wonderful delivery, at the hands of my amazing midwife, and myself, we pulled you into this world at a whopping 9 lbs 15 oz. You were beautiful. I remember the feeling of such exhileration and pride....I had a hand at making you, and I loved you from the moment I saw you.

Over the past 3 years, we have been through so much together, good, bad and otherwise you have been a trooper. I am proud of your strength, and I cherish your innocence. I love the way you look at us, and the way that you strive to learn more and more everyday...you are one the hardest workers I know. I wonder what you are thinking in that amazing mind of yours. Right now you are not speaking verbally, but you have taught us to know what you need. You are so smart, and I can't wait for the moment you say something to us...I will keep waiting.

You are able to identify all your ABC's and numbers up to 10. You LOVE shapes and recognize the basics plus trapezoid, hexagon, rombus and pentagon. You are addicted to music, a passion that we most definitely share. You are a whiz at colors and sorting and are a big obsessive to say the least, but hey...everyone has their vice. You know red, pink, purple, yellow, green, blue, black, gray, white and brown. You surprised me by knowing that you are a boy and sissy is a girl...a concept that took her a while to know LOL.

Thank you so much for trusting us, loving us, and being such a good little boy. I hope you have the best birthday ever...WE LOVE YOU TRISTAN!

2 comments:

SpecialK said...

Awww Happy Birthday Tristan! He is SUCH a handsome young man!! I love the picture of you holding him all cottage cheesed! ;)

Jenn Hydeman said...

Thanks mama...I know, Trinity was there when he was born, and just yesterday when I posted this she goes "Mama, THAT's how he looked when he was born?? What is all over him?" It was pretty cute.