Friday, July 31, 2009

I can see clearly now....

It has been a little over a week since Tristan and I have been on our very strict and NON forgiving GFCF Diet...and I gotta tell you, we are seeing a remarkable difference in him. He is much more calm, focused, trying to talk more, trying to sign more, asking for help instead of getting upset beyond control. For the first time EVER in his life, he is listening and completing 2 step tasks, such as "Go to the couch and lay down" or "Go in your room and get your ball" he is understanding when we ask him to wait a minute. Usually when I give him something to eat or drink, I repeat "Can you say Thank you?" and he will ramble some two syllable idea of what he thinks "thank you" sounds like....well, today, he says very clearly, without prompting "TAY TOO" I was floored....to the point of tears. We are so excited for what the future holds for him, and can't wait to share more mini victories with all of you.

2 comments:

Leslee said...

I'm crying!!! Congratulations to all of you for taking such amazing steps!!!

Lots of love to Trin on her first day of KG! (We start 1st in 3 weeks!!!)

Unknown said...

Ah you've given me chills. That is absolutely amazing!!!