Tuesday, March 24, 2009

All you need is love....


Trinity said something to me today that sparked this conversation.

T: "Mama, all you need is love...that's right isn't it?"
Me: *just smiling*
T: "I think if everyone loved everyone, it would be better."
Me: "What would be better baby?"
T: "Just everything...like our world, the sad people, the mad people...just everyone."
Me: "You are right babe....everything would be better."
T: "Then why doesn't everyone just love then??? Loving is good, it feels good."
Me: "That's a good question...does it make you sad when you think about it?"
T: "Kinda."
Me: "Well, I love you."
T: *with a little smirk on her face arms shrugged and hands up* "Well, I guess that's all I need!!!!"


This kid....let me tell you, she is something else. She knows so much and is wiser beyond her years. There are days when I am at my limit with everything, and I find myself feeling frustrated with how smart she is...I know that sounds incredibly stupid, but, being smart, she is much harder to convince sometimes. We don't lie to our kids, so, when asked to do something that may seem simple, she will ask very complex questions regarding it and demands an honest answer...and that annoys me at times. Then, I see kids hitting their siblings at parks, yelling horrible words to their friends and parents, throwing extreme tantrums and I feel humbled. She is amazing. She is loving and pure and so amazing. I am thankful. There are times that I find myself wondering what she will make of her world when she is old enough, I know that she will make changes, will make waves, and impact the lives of many...it's just a matter of time. So, as the late Lennon and the lovely Trinity say, all you need is love. Try some!!!!

1 comment:

Krissi said...

I am way too hormonal to be reading your posts! She is such a beautiful lil girl inside and out. This post touched me tonight. Thank you for sharing it with us. Now I must find tissue......