Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Great Words


I love it when she uses words that are beyond her years


THOUGHTUL


She comments when someone does something that is kind..."Momma, that was really nice, how thoughtful." I love this about her...that SHE herself is one of the most kind and thoughtful kids that I know.




DESERVE


Last night we were playing frisbee with our dog Dakota outside and Trinity coaches him "Dakota, if you wait until I call your name, then run down here to get the frisbee, then you really deserve it!" I love that she understands the meaning of this word.




RUDE


A man in the grocery store bumps into me and the cart very hard, looks right at me and scoffs as if to say GET OUT OF MY WAY...Trinity, noticing the look on my face says "Mommy, that man was very rude to you wasn't he?"




DISGUSTING


Upon tasting fresh ginger...raw, "Yuck, Momma...THAT was disgusting."




REMIND


She uses this word every day on several different levels...




DESCRIBE


"Momma, tell me about it...describe it to me please." And actually speaking of describing, this is now her chosen method to fall asleep...she closes her little eyes, rests her head on my shoulder and asks me to describe a story to her...basically walking her through an imagery dream..a story for her brain to feast upon. It is amazingly relaxing, an actually the basis to beginner meditation!!!


There are SOOOO many more, and because I have taken it for granted, I seem to have forgotten..a big NO NO in my book!!! I will remember, and will try NOT to take these moments as fleeting ones, they just go too fast.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

These are precious memories you are keeping. I had started keeping a book of the words Dani and Desiree said when they were younger. Unfortunately, that was one of many things that my ex threw away so it's lost forever. It good you are doing it online. It's hard to throw an internet connection away, LOL.