Monday, July 14, 2008

DMG Update!!!!

It works. It truly does. In the time that we have had Tristan taking DMG we have seen GREAT improvements. He is making wonderful eye contact, he is responding to his name. The stimming has all but dissapeared...the cart stimming remains, but, we are working on that. Yesterday, while in a public restroom, Trinity was talking to him like she normally does..usually she answers for him. So, basically, it is a one sided convo with Trinity asking and answering the questions in different voices, a much higher pitched voice for Tristan..it's pretty cute. Well, on this day, she didn't need to answer for him. She says, "Hi Tristan." he responds "Hi Sissy" (in Tristan speak, but we understood it). I about shit right there....it was amazing. She heard it too, and she was so excited. She hugged and kissed him and told him how good he was.

Today, was a HUGE breakthrough. I was in the potty (it seems I am in there a lot huh???) Anyway, I was in there, AGAIN, and he was in the loft. I heard him walking down the hall and in a questioning voice, "Ahhh?" "AAAAHHH?" AAAAAHHHH?" then he gets to the bathroom, looks in at me and says "Ah, baba" he was calling out to me!!!!! NEVER, NEVER, NEVER has he done anything remotely close to this. I am so giddy...I can't tell you how exciting this is. He is laughing more, smiling more, listening. This morning, we went downstairs to get breakfast, and while I was mixing the eggs, rather than digging through the cabinets, climbing the table and running off...he goes over to his high chair and proceeds to try and get in it. You guys....I feel like this is the beginning of something amazing. Pray that we are on the right track! I will keep you updated.

3 comments:

Jenn.y.Fur said...

Wow sounds like he's had a small breakthrough! I'm happy that you're so giddy! LOL! He's just waiting for his moment to shine!

Unknown said...

Oh again with the potty talk! LOL... I'm so just kidding.

Jenn, this is amazing! He's going to get there. It'll take him a little bit longer than some others, but he will. It especially helps that he has all of you there to guide him along. I can't wait to see what he does next!

Jenn Hydeman said...

Iknow, I am like a sailor online...I don't really potty mouth it up in person, so, don't worry! We are on our way...I am so hopeful for the future.