Sunday, July 13, 2008

That was FUN




We had a great party yesterday. Tristan turns 2 on the 15th, and we had a little get together this Saturday. HE LOVES Yo Gabba Gabba, a show on Nick Jr. so we did a Gabba party for him. Shannon drew and cut out the figures from the show, we hung streamers in the character colors and "intended" on having the cupcakes all decked out like the characters, but, in doing so, I would need to use artificial colors and candy galore, and that is a NO GO in this house, so, we had plain old chocolate gluten free cupcakes. The kids didn't seem to mind. Mostly close friends and family attended. It was a nice surprise that my good friends from High School, Linda, Stella, David and their boys could make it. It was SO nice seeing you guys. Here are a few pictures from the event, thank you so much to everyone that made it, it was so fun, and Tristan really appreciates all the wonderful gifts.

4 comments:

"Intentionally Katie" said...

What fun! I've never heard of that show...we'll have to check it out. I can't believe the little man will be 2 tomorrow. SERIOUSLY where have the years gone?

I gave you a blog award on my site...head on over to claim your prize, girl!

Unknown said...

Oh how cute! I love how the streamers hang down to the floor.

And OMG I am so jealous that you got to see Stella, David and the boys!!!

Jenn Hydeman said...

My mom always did the streamers to the floor...we do that in the kids rooms on their actually bday. We decorate the doorway so they see it first thing in the morning.

Unknown said...

That's an awesome idea. I'll have to start that up, too. That is, if I remember it. Their birthdays are so far away. It sucks having all the kids birthdays in the winter. LOL - you know what I was doing in the spring!!!