Thursday, July 24, 2008

Holy Fun Wednesday Batman....Pic HEAVY!






Remember this feeling???

How about this one??



And who could forget this????




You wanna talk about some fun....A friend and I decided to take the kiddos to the Phoenix Children's Museum...I was SO hesitant to even leave the house since little t has been having some rough days lately, but, I finally just caved to the anxiety and loaded them up. We got there late because of horrifying traffic on the freeway, but, it was nice because little t could squeeze in a nice long nap on the road. T watched some tv while the little not so little t snoozed. I love looking back and seeing him relaxed and seeing a smile on her face. They really do so good on the road...if gas wasn't so high, I would probably just drive around all day LOL. So, on to the fun stuff. This place is awesome from concept to delivery...

First off...it is housed in the old Monroe School. That in of itself is exciting to me. Second, it is only $9 a person to get in...that is even better. 3rd, it appeals to all ages. There was so much sensory information for both of my kids, neither was bored...nor were the big kids *ehem, I mean moms* it was great. There are 3 levels of different activities. My favorite by far was the Art Room. It is like a Montessori session for 3 fabulous hours (0bviously you don't have to stay that long, we didn't, but, it is on for that long which is awesome!) There were 4 different stations, a crown making craft, a magical wand making station, an area to paint, and a decopague area. It was awesome and T ate it up (no, not literally)


The first thing you see when you walk in is a "gym" of sorts. Tunnels and tents, squishy soft ground underfeet, colorful puffy bean bags, kaleidiscope hula hoops, oragami cranes suspended from the ceiling, an entire wall covered in hanging repurposed DVD's (hence the squinty look on Tristan's face...he was in AWE of the shiny discs)...it was so cool.





There are reading areas spread throughout, an eatery on the 2nd floor (they offer REALLY wholesome foods, nothing processed and they use biodegradable utensils!!!) The kids LOVED their snacks!


The emphasis is on responsible learning, teaching children about recycling, reusing, and living green...it is a quiet undertone throughout the entire museum. All of the crafts are repurposed materials, from the napkin rolls, to the feathers and post it notes. I love this place. I am getting a year pass. For those interested in finding out more, check it out ">HERE



Here are some more priceless pictures of Trinity and some with her friend Tatum....it was a great day!

2 comments:

"Intentionally Katie" said...

I've heard such great things about this place! I can't wait to go. We were going to go on Ryan's b-day, but they had construction delays and weren't open yet. Now your pictures have me salivating! I'll put it on the calendar...

Xandi said...

You have got to send me the originals to some of these. Did you get the ones I sent you?