Sunday, August 2, 2009

Jitters

I am getting the Kindergarten Jitters...NOT Trinity, but me. I am super excited and happy for this new juncture in our lives, but, I am also hesitant in trusting a public establishment in raising my child. I know, I know...melodramamama...but hear me out here. Everything that we have ever done for our kiddos is in their best interest, in protecting them from the harshness that is sometimes our world and not being there with her for 8 hours of her day....that's a tough pill to swallow. What if kids are mean? What if she picks up bad habits? What if she gets lost on her trip to the bathroom? What if she doesn't eat her lunch? What if she gets hurt at the playground? WHAT IF? I want to put a GPS tracking device on her backpack and instruct her to WEAR IT AT ALL TIMES! I contemplated sneaking her walkie talkies in there and telling her to make sure they are hidden....maybe I will just sit outside her classroom??? AH, the trials and tribulations of becoming a parent of a school aged child....and it only gets better from here. So, say a little something for ME tomorrow...I might get sent to the principals office if I'm not careful.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You have me giggling, friend. Not at you, but for you. As much as we would love to put our babies in bubbles we can't. Just trust in the lessons and values you have taught her. Trin is a big girl in a little girl's body. She will do fine. Everything that will happen will serve as teaching tool for the rest of her life. Don't focus on the bad things that may happen. Instead of worrying about kids being mean, think of how she will use her diplomacy to talk herself out of a situation. Instead of worrying of her getting lost on the way to the bathroom, think of the sights she could see, the flowers on the grounds, the paintings or murals on the walls. Instead of thinking of her getting nurt on the playground, think of the fun she will have with all the new friends she will make.

Breathe. It will be good. I'll still say a little something for you tomorrow, though!

Unknown said...

I'm trying to be patient... but how'd it go?