Saturday, August 1, 2009

Mmmm, your house smells good


Remember when I posted about making your own natural cleaning kit? Well, I wanted to share my little secret to a yummy smelling house...I have 2 dogs, 1 cat, 1 bunny, 2 bearded dragons and 2 very messy fish. My house can get stinky if I am not super careful. SOOO, before you go and spray Lysol or some other pollutant in your breating space, remember, you will breath that in! Why not do what we do, and it's super fun to let the kiddies in on the mixture. We go to Sprouts (you can pick them up at any natural food store though) and purchase a bottle of essential oil in our favorite smell, this oil will last you months, a little does go a long way. I place 4-6 drops in a sprayer with water and mist sofas, bed linens, carpets (takes the place of Feebreeze). You can also burn these oils in your oil burner, mix them with your natural cleaners, and put a little on a cotton ball and dab on your lamp lightbulbs...they scent the entire room in minutes. We currently are using Lemongrass, and I LOVE IT! Sooo, give it a try, there are TONS of great mmmm smells out there, and if you find a good one that you love, share it with me.

No comments: