Thursday, August 13, 2009

Meet Rusty...and yes, we are insane

Trinity has been saving her allowance money for a new bike...then, she had a revelation....A FERRET. First let me start off my saying, yes, we are aware that we already have a bunny, a kitty, 2 bearded dragons, 2 fish and 2 dogs....*breathe* but, even with all of those animals, our 5 year old takes AMAZING care of them. She shows responsibility, kindness and empathy. She cleans their cages, checks their water daily, feeds them all and still has time to play with each of them...ok, not the fish...but, you know they don't like being held. So, when my mom gave her $10 to spend on school stuff, she very politely asked if she could instead put that money towards her allowance savings and pick up a ferret instead. We crazily agreed.

Fast forward to Saturday, we went to Petco to pick up some stuff, and here in the midst of all the "regulars" was a tiny baby ferret. Trinity was immediately drawn to him, and I have to say, I can't blame her. He is sweet. His demeanor is that of a baby, he cries to be held, he kisses her non stop and he sleeps in her arms. This little stinker is pretty darn cute. We fronted her $40 (since she had saved $60 on her own) and she agreed to pay us back with chores or when she recieves birthday money.

So, meet Rusty, our 6 week old boy ferret, he has a musky smell, but gives the GREATEST kisses EVER.

1 comment:

SpecialK said...

Okay, Okay. Normally I would respond to this blog about how much I fear ferrets and when I see them I cringe and picture them eating away at my fingers and toes.... but something about the picture makes me stop and say "awww"

Congrats on the new baby! ;)