Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Back to Basics


We have homeschooled T since she was born LOL...I think all of us essentially "homeschool" our children without even knowing it. She LOVES to learn, which is why I was so sad that the "real school" was such a disaster. She is a social freakin' butterfly...loves kids, older kids, babies, adults, dogs, whatever...she loves being around others. So, when she told me "Mama, I wan't to go to real school and homeschool after ok?" I thought, WOW...I wish that it could have been better for her and the other students, as I am sure that many of the others are experience similiar issues. Today, we took t to therapy and while we were waiting for him to finish, T was playing with a wonderfully pleasent, easy going, sweet little 8 year old girl. She was working on some homework and T and she started talking. At the end, we found out she is homeschooled through an awesome Charter School called Arizona Virtual Academy. I enrolled Trinity today. It is all homebased, but you have a teacher that you can check in with ANYTIME. They have monthly socials, meetings, orientations, all that other stuff that you seem to miss with the traditional homeschool programs. The curriculum is based on the child's level of learning and it gets more difficult as they are mastering the programs. They offer World Languages and you can add a foreign language at anytime...it is a self paced program that has graphics, cds, dvds...your K-12 can learn English, Spanish, Mandarin, French, German, Portugese, Latin....I am excited...I have a new renewed sense of happiness! Check it out if you like... http://www.azva.org/ Let me know what you think.

No comments: