Tuesday, August 26, 2008

His way of getting his voice heard


So, you know that Tristan is not very vocal...well, he makes TONS of noises, from rasberries, to fart sounds, singing to screaming...but words, words are not a strong suit for little t. Today, he amazed me. It was around his nap time, but I had to get a load of laundry in the dryer...so, I was going to put him down right afterward. I looked down at this little guy clinging to my leg, and said to him "Are you ready for your nap bubub?" Just a rhetorical question, then...it happened. He grabbed hold of my hand *this from a boy that DOES NOT hold hands...we are holding his as he is squirming away from us, but, he never reciprocates or initiates a hand hold.* Anywho....he grabs holdof my hand and starts to walk out of the laundry room...I stop what I am doing and just follow him, I was anxious to see how this was going to pan out. Sure enough, he walks me into our bedroom...right over to the bed, looks at me, then pats the bed as if to say, "Yes mama, I am ready for bed." I was so proud of him..he is communicating more and more with us, the best way he knows how. Until he finds the words, this is going to have to work, we will make it work!

1 comment:

Xandi said...

Awww...I love it!

By the way, who took that amazing picture of you two LOL?!