Tuesday, August 12, 2008

This crazy life

I strive each and every day to appreciate our lives. I try and be greatful continously....I feel a little dissapointed at times though. Maybe it is the current state that our economy and world is facing...it is affecting me. I am still as loving as can be to my children, but, I find that I am not enjoying other things as I used to. I feel consumed by it all. There are moments that I am driving in the car, and the kids are playing...for a single moment it all seems "normal"....then, back the drawing board of therapies and supplements, diets and routines, sensory issues and setbacks...I just wish that for everyday that was off, I could have an on. I shouldn't feel like that though....I know that there are other families that have children on the spectrum that are so much more severe, I pray for them...I pray for us too though. I think I need to really find God again. I have been talking to Shannon about this because we have not found our "home" church since moving out here. I have always been about being spiritual, not needing to necessarily convene at a church to talk to God...but, I am starting to rethink that notion. I know how wonderful the feeling is when you enter a church, the overwhelming amount of love coming out of every person that is there for the same reason...well, different individual reasons, but a common playing field. Someone help me out with this...Katie? Any reccomendations??? I need some connection soon.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I know that exact feeling, Jenn. Whenever I'm at church I feel a complete sense of peace. It's overwhelming. I've even gone off the crazy end and had intricately detailed plans about how I was going to escape my "real" life and just stay at church 24/7. There have been times that I've been at church, struggling with all that is in me to keep myself from crying tears of joy. LOL, don't want to scare the kids!

I haven't been to church in months. Working weekends really makes it difficult to do anything, and I can't get to church, but I read the website and listen to the broadcasts that they tape whenever I can. I also love to listen to my mom or my husband talk about God. It comforts me. Too bad you live so far out. My church would be a nice one for you to check out. It's still small, so it's homey. I miss it. :(

Just the Five of Us said...

OMG, we found the best church up here. It is not a typical church, but one that is so accepting of all people, religions, ways of life, etc. The main belief is in becoming a better person and making a better world. Let me know if you want more details. I am sure there are places like that close to you. Especially if there is a place like this in ultra conservative Prescott!

"Intentionally Katie" said...

Oh girl, I was going to comment even before you asked! I'll email you b/c I can't remember how "private" your blog is and don't want to drop city names and whatnot if you want that stuff private.

Jenn Hydeman said...

Thanks to everyone for your suggestions, we are trying a few things and will keep you posted!!!!