Monday, August 25, 2008

You are what you eat....

Ok, I am going to be literal with this one despite REALLY TRULY believing this, but, I have a funny thing to share. This evening Shannon treated the family to eat dinner, I could pick wherever I wanted....I picked Cracker Barrell for some unGodly reason. I actually really enjoyed the meal though, despite the portions really not being a "hearty" and "country sized" as they were described, the food was pretty yummy. But this is not the purpose of my post. The conversation that Shan and I had following dinner cracked me and him up for about 5 minutes...and I giggle a little when I replay it, so, I am sharing it. We were talking about how the food failed to fill us up as we had wished, and then, this came out of our mouths

Me - "Is it bad that I am still hungry?"
Shan - "I wasn't really all that hungry to start with, but I am STILL hungry."
Me - "You wasn't?" *catching my English slip...but...it was already too late...he heard it.*
Shan - *in a backwoods accent* "You wasn't? Man, you really are getting into this restraunt, must be the country abiance in the air."
Me - *Blushing at the stupidity that just came out of my mouth*

So, you are what you eat...and tonight, I was a Country Ham steak with Mashed potatoes and a side of hillbilly.

1 comment:

Jenn.y.Fur said...

I do crap like that all the time, and OF course they catch it everytime. LMAO!