Monday, June 30, 2008

I luh doo baba





I will FOREVER embed this in my head, as it is the FIRST sentence that my son has attempted, TWICE. I was with my mom after Tristan's therapy on Friday, he had an ok session, she said that he was quieter than usual..which is what we have been noticing too. We went to Fresh and Easy to pick up a few things for Dakota's Dog Party and I was letting him run down the aisle. I love how excited he gets when you chase him, he squeals and tries to run faster, in his Frankenstienesque way, all stiff legged and bogartish...but he tries. Well, I picked him up and was running really fast with him, bopping up and down and kissing him. He was laughing, then grabbed both sides of my face and plants a messy kiss on my face. If anyone has recieved a Tristan kiss it is a unique experience for sure, open mouth, no puckering, usually soft and slow motion. Well, this one was over and over..then, he says it..."I luh doo baba"....WHAT??? Did he? I mean, was that? Wait a minute....I look at my mom and she has eyes as wide as a deer in headlights, then I bop him up and down again, he squeals and says "I luh doo baba"...translation, I LOVE YOU MAMA. My heart melts, a few tears swelter and I respond, "I love you too bubbub, so much."

2 comments:

"Intentionally Katie" said...

I can barely see my screen through the tears. I'm SO happy for you!!! Yet so sad for poor Tristan that he thinks this ALL THE TIME, yet can't get the words out.

Your strength inspires me, Jenn!

Jenn.y.Fur said...

Amazing! He waited for the perfect moment. :o)