Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Music

Isn't it amazing how that one song can transform your current state of mind?? I find it SO refreshing at the end of the day to plug into my CD's, computer, XM...what have you and just jam out to the perfect song. They are all perfect, all envoking different feelings, relating to different scenarios, drumming up different memories. I love dancing with Shannon. I remember when we were expecting Trinity, he would come home from work, put on the radio, and when THAT song came on, we would dance. I would stand on his feet...just rocking back and forth to the beat. Alison Krauss...we would dance to her all the time. Or, or, the Beatles, the slow stuff...Bob Marley. I love music. It is SOOO good for the soul. I love sharing all genres of music with my kids. It's great to know that they have heard and appreciated music from Blondie to Crosby Stills and Nash...I enjoy seeing how happy they both are when THAT song comes up for them. So, do it...share music with your kids, with yourself...open your ears, heart and mind to new music, it's so fun.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

LOL I wish I liked a larger range of music to be able to share with my kids. Instead, I have them liking stuff like Evanescence and Godsmack! But then, at least those bands make their own music, write their own lyrics, play their own instruments instead of just relying on machines and studios to make them sound good like half the rap & R&B crap that's out there nowadays. I'd rather have my kids listening to Godsmack's Voodoo than that stupid Applebottom Jeans or Soulja Boy's Superman song anyday.