Friday, June 6, 2008

How do you say goodbye?

My grandmother passed away on Friday...how do I say goodbye? I just keep turning to our memories together, trying to relive each moment in my mind. I miss her. I try not to think about the WHY's...why didn't I go down and see her yet? Why didn't I call her to say hello?

A good friend of mine from high school emailed me and suggested something wonderful...plant a tree in her memory. What an amazing gesture. Life. Plant a tree and give life to a moment of death, give a constant reminder of the positive and loving memories of the person that has passed to you and your family. I can't wait to plant a tree for my Grandma. My mother is hit really hard by this whole thing, they were very close. It makes me think more and more about how much I love my mom. How I won't take her for granted. Life is a very fragile thing. Thank you to everyone that has emailed, we appreciate all your thoughts. Shannon took time off so I could fly to South Dakota, unfortunately, all the flights were booked...we have been keeping up to date through my mother and Grandfather, so, it is like we are there with them.

I miss you Grandma, I really hope that you have found peace, and that you are so happy and pain free. I know that you are near me though. We went to get doughnuts and I started thinking of you, then all of a sudden...there you were, I smelled your perfume. It was so strong, Shannon couldn't smell it...I did though, very clearly. You will be missed. Please know that I think of you everyday, and that I have already started teaching Trinity the songs you sang to me...she loves the stories that I tell her about you. You will live on through my children, forever in thought and in spirit. I love you Grandma, goodbye for now.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I would love to see pictures, if you do plant a tree. It's such a good idea to do, because the tree continues to grow and eventually will give you a resting spot to hang out and daydream.

I'm still sending loving thoughts your way, Jenn. ((Hugs))