Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Trinity, on touchy and deep subjects....

On Death and Caring for her brother
"Mommy, a long time from now, when you die, then Daddy dies, and I die, who is going to take care of Tristan?"

On Time
"If Yesterday was Today, then would Today be Tomorrow?"

On Autism
I was talking with the neighbor and Tristan and Trinity were outside with me. Tristan is getting better, but he still has NO fear of running out into the street. He kept trying to down off the curb and Trinity kept herding him back to the sidewalk with me. The neighbor, to whom I have just met, says teasingly, but still..rudely..."Oooh, what a naughty boy...look at him, he isn't even listening to you." Trinity responds "He's a good boy, he just has Autism. It's ok Tristan, here, let me help you." Way to go Trin, she is wiser than many people 10 times her age.

To Cammie
We were leaving the store and it was starting to get dark, she says while looking up in the sky, "Goodnight Cammie, have fun jumping on the clouds and playing with the stars."

On Euthenasia
T - "Mommy, I thought that God takes us to Heaven?"

Me - "Youre right baby, he does."

T- "Then why did we have to make Cammie go to Heaven?"

OUCH :(

4 comments:

"Intentionally Katie" said...

Your little girl is so insightful! And yet she's tactful when defending Tristan to your neighbor. What a kind soul. You must be so proud!

(and what kind of a thing was that to say about Tristan, whether or NOT your neighbor new he has Autism?!??!!)

Jenn Hydeman said...

Tell me about it...they on the other hand have children running the streets...LITERALLY, up until midnight or later....it just makes no sense. I try not to let it bother me, but, I really don't think it is appropriate for anyone to say something like that about ANY child.

Unknown said...

Yuck, people who speak without thinking really irk me. Sometimes people only look at what's outside their own little yard and are completely oblivious of what's going on itside it. You know, every night I think over my day and think back to how I acted or reacted to things and quite honestly, more often than not, I am embarrased about what I've done. I hope she thought over her comments and Trinity's reaction to her. Shame on her.

Trin is truly an amazing girl.

Jenn Hydeman said...

Thank you Tiff, that is a wonderful compliment, I will let her know that you said that! But be prepared, you will probably receive a card or something in the mail from her...she is all about the cards now!