Wednesday, June 18, 2008

I really love him






I love my husband. I can't say it or think it enough. I really adore him. He is so patient, so kind, funny, energetic, strong, sexy, amazingly smart, awesome, organized, driven, earthy, spiritual, happy....I love being around him. He really does bring out the best in me.

During these past 2 1/2 weeks, there were/are times when I fall apart...literally, like collapse to the ground. He is there, picking me up. He cries with me, he holds me, he loves me and I feel so safe and sound. I love how devoted he is to our family and our relationship. I am going to dote on him a bit here, because he deserves it.


I don't know if you all know, but he does A LOT. He works full time so I can stay home. He drives 40+ miles ONE way to work everyday in that stinkin' rush hour Arizona traffic and puts in 10 hours at his job. He comes home HAPPY and with a smile EVERYDAY. He kisses the kiddos first thing and usually lets Trinity help him drive the car into the garage. He calls me any free chance he has at work, and we chat...we love talking to each other still...even after 14 years together, I could talk with him on the phone or whatever all the time.


He does the dishes, laundry, bathes the kiddos and helps clean the house. He enjoys helping because our family is built upon the foundation that we are equal. No one person has a set responsibility, we both do everything we can to make everyone happy. If you have never had a chance to see him with our children, well, lets just say...Father of the Year award goes to.....He is amazing, and anyone who has met him will agree. Whenever we are invited to parties, events where other families will be there, he ALWAYS ends up with the kids jumping all over him, playing and shouting "Do it again..Pick me up...Watch me Shannon" competing for his attention. He loves to play. He is a big kid. I love it.
He doesn't drink, not a drop, never has. I admire this about him SO much. People think he is a recovering alcoholic or something, but what it is is so much more. He doesn't drink because A) He doesn't like the way it tastes. B) He views his body as a temple, and one that should be treated with respect, so nothing goes in that would compromise that. C) He does not want to be altered in ANY sense. D) Trinity views him as her role model, and what type of a hero would he be if he was inebriated while his very aware 4 year old daughter watched? How do you explain, drinking is bad for you, you shouldn't drink....but let me have another. I admire him. I want to be like him when I grow up. Thank you Shannon for ALWAYS being solid and true. You are an amazing human to which our world is more complete....my world is more complete because you are in it...

No comments: