Tuesday, June 10, 2008

So, I wasn't expecting that...

Today was Tristan's OT Day and I thought he had been making good progress, but today his therapist drops a bomb on me. She says that she is concerned about his safety becuase he exhibits no safe guards. In other words, he will fall straight back and not catch himself, same with forward. She also said that she is not happy with how bad his motor planning is ie. clumsiness. She thinks that there could be a cerebral compromise...lamens terms, brain damage to the back of his head. She thinks that when he had his concussion that this could have just made matters worse. I talked with her about how they performed a brain scan and it came back fine. She wants us to get an MRI with the nuerologist. SHIT. I thought we were past this. This is my fear, putting him throught this again. UG. I just don't know if I can do it, but, if I don't I will always worry you know? I just don't want him to have memories of his childhood and have them consist of being in therapy or at the doctor having them perform some test...I worry. A LOT. I hope that this all passes soon, that he can just grow out of whatever it is that is locking him away. I pray that we can find a peaceful place that he is able to just be Tristan.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ok this is only MY opinion... but I say get the MRI. It'll accomplish (among others) two things. One, if nothing is wrong, at least you'll feel safe and won't worry forever about the possibility of "what if?" Two, is something IS wrong, you won't delay in getting treatment for it, thus reducing the effects of long-term damage. You've got work ahead of you, but you know what I've learned from you? I've learned that every which way we turn, there are bumps and it's not the end of the world. I've learned to marvel in the little things, like you do. You are amazing. ((hugs))!!!