Friday, June 6, 2008

Introducing Lylah Ruby Hydeman






We added a new addition to our family recently. I think with the death of my Grandmother, I felt this strong void, and, well, having a baby takes 10 months, so, we got a new Weimeraner puppy! I am a sucker for a cute face. She is a "Blue" which is just another term for the darker shade of grey. She is lovely. She was sent to me through an email from the Weimeraner Rescue Club that we are a part of. Her situation was that she was a gift for a man from his girlfriend. Sweet? Yes, but he worked long hours and was often away during the weekend, which would not have been bad because the girlfriend was there to watch puppy...well, girlfriend left, so, puppy was left alone...in jumps me! She came to us with the name "Eva", but, Lylah is what we changed it to. Trinity, Shannon and I just started coming up with names that sounded like Eva...and this one stuck. Lilacs are my mother's favorite flower, they bloom on the bushes in front of my Grandmother's house, and Ruby is my late Grandmother's name. SO, heres to you Grandma..your newest Granddaughter, you would be proud to have her carry your name!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Aw she is beautiful. I love her name. The fact that you name as if she were a little baby coming into your family shows how much you love your four legged babies.

Jenn.y.Fur said...

Love the name and she's a beauty!! I bet she's enjoying her new home!

Jenn Hydeman said...

Thanks guys, we love her so much. She has helped keep our minds off of losing Cammie, I am happy that they had a chance to meet and be sister's before Cammie had to leave. It's funny...Lylah is doing things that Cammie used to do, and she didn't start until after Cam passed, so, in a way, I think she is guiding her through this life journey with us. Now, if she would just stop peeing on the carpet....Cammie, can you help with that one honey?