Friday, January 18, 2008

Her and Him




Yeah, I know, not the best use of proper English, but hey, cut me some slack, it's late and my brain is wrecked right now. Anyway, on to the title..her and him. Trinity and Tristan. I love that little girl...she really is something. I remember before she was born, I had a healer do a blessing on my belly...this was even before we knew the sex, and I remember we were told "She is going to change the world one person at a time." It is so true. She brings a smile to everyone she meets, she is light in a dark world and in my world. She is the best therapist to her little brother and I am so sure that she is the key to helping out of this place he is currently living in. Last night he fell, she cried harder than he did...I was sitting on the bed cuddling him and she was nestled in my curled up legs, hand on me and a hand on her brother. She calmed down once he stopped crying and while rubbing his face she says "His cheeks are so soft, *bending down and kissing him softly on his red spot* I love you Tristan...." My heart literally wept joy. I am so blessed to have such an amazingly supportive and loving daughter in all of this. Most children may act out in jealousy, which, I will be honest, before his diagnosis, she did a bit of that at his Play Therapy sessions...BUT, it is like now that she knows that there is a reason behind Tristan's happenings, she can also better respond to it.


Today they were playing, and she was so patient with him. There have been plenty of times in the past that I would hear in a sassy tone "TRISTAN!" because he took a toy away, or "AAAHH, TRISTAN!!!!!!" because he got in her way...but today, I watched silently as he did both of those things more than once, and with a patient tone and a loving tone, unaffected by it, she says "Here you go buddy, is this what you want??? This is a BALL, it's a BALL Tristan." Who needs speech when I have my own ABA Therapist right here LOL. Her and Him...they really work well together.

2 comments:

Stella said...

Too sweet. Hugs.

Unknown said...

I love the pic. You know Jenn, it is so evident how connected and in tune with your kids you are. You are able to tell us your stories in a way that makes us feel as though we know your kids... as though we are right there watching them with you. Hugs to you.